Thursday, May 24, 2007

Latest News


I told myself I wouldn't spill the beans before it was time, but I am just too excited. A YD website is currently in the works. It's nothing fancy, but it is quite clean and professional nonetheless. Customers will be able to buy Yvette Designs jewelry from the site. There will be a guest book, and a message board where YD customers and enthusiasts can send messages to me and to one another. I will keep you all up to date on the virtual boutique's progress as it develops.

Now, it's on to the latest fashions. Nude tone clothing is big right now, and I couldn't miss the opportunity to post this photo of the New York runway show from Burberry. These styles are so very me ten years ago, which would make sense because I was only a girl then. Though, somehow I can still strongly identify with these looks.


The shoes are very upscale boho. I remember having a similar pair, and all I could do was concentrate on not falling off of them, which I did a time or two. Ouch! I can imagine some young waif wearing them with a earthy hued tunic and a huge sling purse draped over her tan shoulder. She'd have on at least three strands of necklaces, an arm full of bangles, and of course, the Y.D. necklace below would complete the look rather nicely. Don't you think?

This is one of the necklaces that I sometimes put on the mannequin bust in my studio just so I can admire it. It's a quality control measure, really. Anyhow, I do hope someone buys this earthy gypsy like necklace soon because I have been fond of it since its conception, and every day I am loosing my resolve to part with it. For those of you who are interested in it, don't worry. If I am overtaken by this desire, and I haven't kept a thing I've made yet, it will quickly disappear from the pages of my Etsy store. Happy shopping everyone!

No comments: