Friday, June 29, 2007

Studio Decorating Inspiration

The Studio
Hands down, the studio is my favorite room of the house. It was the room that when I first saw the home plans clinched the deal for me. I had to have it. I don't remember what my initial dream for the room was. I'm not sure if I really had a distinct plan for it at all.

I'm pleased with the look of it so far, but feel that there is still more to be done. Now, I'm on a search for inspiration to finish the decor in just the perfect way. These photos are generally in the same color palate. I love the lime washed walls, in the photo above, but white floors are just not practical for me.


Here, an electric blue chair sits against a serene backdrop. It makes me feel like a punch of unexpected color would be a great touch for my room, as are fresh flowers every now and then.

I added this photo because it's just the treatment that I've been planning on giving to the large folding closet doors in the studio. Though, this wallpaper is not what I had in mind, it is quite the focal point of the room. Maybe a lavender, chocolate, or a gray pattern against white would do well in my space.

6 comments:

art by naomi said...

I totally understand about the impracticality of white washed floors but I would love to have some. They would be so lovely to walk barefoot across with lovely red painted toe nails.

naomi

A Punkin Card Company said...

I love your studio or your studio to come!! Very nice. How are you? Long time no chat!

Have a great weekend!

Amie

Artifax said...

What a wonderful idea for closets! Makes them look a bit like antique armoires and not standard built-ins. You could even change out all the hardware and knobs for a great finishing touch.

Monica Yvette said...

Thanks Bejeweled! That's just what I plan on doing. I found some really great hardware at Anthropologie.com.

Naomi, what a pleasant image you paint!

Kim said...

Great studio! I love that dresser!

ONLINE JEWELLERYCAD WEEKEND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING CLASSES said...

Nice Information

http://rhinocadjewelrydesignservices.blogspot.in/