Friday, July 6, 2007

Dismay: The Rainy Day

I had big plans for today that were supposed to get me that much closer to presenting the new YD website to all of you. However, mother nature had other plans for me. It has been pouring down rain all morning, and with no strong natural light in the forecast for today, I won't be able to re-take my product shots.

Recently, I took a look at the nearly finished "Necklaces" page and thought the images needed more "oomph!", so yet another day of photographing is in order.



Really, I am such a perfectionist. Especially when it comes to my product shots. In fact, that is the reason why I am still working on this project. I rely on natural light, rather than bulbs because I find that they cast a yellow, green, or blue tint that really distorts the true color of my jewelry. So, I am at the mercy of nature on this one.


(I wish I could just curl up in this space with a book today.)

Though, my sister in law called me the other day to tell me about an awesome studio lighting kit she had just bought from Wal-Mart for only $50. I'll have to see about the lights in this little kit. Wendy, expect a phone call.


1 comment:

A Punkin Card Company said...

Thanks! I am so excited about the press! I have also bought some advertising spots on other web sites. Most of them start in August. Very cool but I am nervous! Cross your fingers!

I hope the rain stops soon too! I need to take pics of new cards!