Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bedding for the Day


Now that I know I won't be working in my little home studio quite as much as I'd anticipated, I feel like I can go wild and make it into a great little lounging room. The daybed above is caddy- cornered by the large arched window. It's a great place to sit during the day as I read, or daydream while looking out at the sky and trees.

The window and the bed are the focal points of the room, and the first things you see when you walk in the door. I want to find the right bedding and curtains for the space because it will really make the most impact in the room. Right now, it feels unfinished and pieced together.


Since I'm saving a good portion of my monthly income for investments, I have quite a limited budget to work with. I'm considering keeping the white waffle weave coverlet. Then, I'd purchase white pillow shams, and add a few decorative pillows in eye popping colors and patterns.

Though, I have found that Wal Mart has a surprisingly cute selection of bed-in-a-bags for reasonable prices. These two young, girlish sets above are examples of their thrifty goodies.


For a splurge, I found some delectable eye candy-like colors and fabrics from Pillowsandthrows.com


You may have noticed that I love color. I just realized that my home is very adult, and while I too am adult, I'm feeling the need to liven things up a little around here. That's why my decorating goals for the studio are to make it as young, colorful, and fun as I can. We'll see what happens...

1 comment:

CRAFTS FROM THE HEART said...

Enjoy decorating! you are off on a good start.